Happy New Year! I’m hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and spent valuable time with family and friends and in the outdoors!
Guess what time of year it is?? New Year’s Resolution time!!!! AKA the time you don’t go to the gym because it is SO crowded, but don’t worry it will clear out by February. Sad but true.
This year, I wanted to compile a list of some of the things that I personally took on last year and helped make my life a heck of a lot smoother. These are all things you could decide to do as a New Year’s Resolution this year if you feel led. And guess what? Not a single one involves a treadmill.
So here’s my tips for a healthy, happy, peaceful, joyful, prosperous New Year.
1. Read a Bible verse before a Facebook post. It will Change. Your. Day. This can be hard sometimes, but it really helps me focus my day.
2. Create a list of self affirmations for yourself, and speak them OUT LOUD over your life every morning. Did you know your words have the power of life or death? What you speak really does matter. And no matter how dumb it feels, when you speak and hear yourself repeating these every morning it will literally transform your life. Here’s some of mine.
I’m a daughter of THE King, I am favored by God, and I attract powerful people.
Thank you that I am beautifully and wonderfully made.
Thank you that there is a plan to prosper me and not to harm me, plans for a hope and for a future.
I know my purpose, I know what I possess, and I know where my power comes from.
I walk in victory and divine favor.
I’m winning everyday.
I am healthy and wealthy.
I have more than enough.
My cup runneth over.
All my needs are met.
I will prosper and be in health just as my soul prospers.
Feel free to use some or all of these, or create your own! You’re worth it!!
3. Drink a gallon of water a day! Hard at first, but it gets easier. So great to keep you full, flush your system, and curb cravings. And yes, you will have to pee. You get used to it.
4. Get your praise on. I constantly have praise music playing around me. In the car, on the Bluetooth speaker in my house, in the background on Pandora, even while I sleep and in my house when I’m gone. You will love the atmosphere. It’s a lot harder to cuss at someone in traffic when you’re listening to “How Great is Our God.” Plus, I’d rather have “There is power in the name of Jesus” stuck in my head than “Young dumb & broke.”
5. Make quiet time for yourself. Find time to just be still, thankful, and reflect. I love doing this outside. It could be first thing in the morning, late at night, it could be taking a walk, or my favorite spot, horse back riding.
6. I know I said I wouldn’t mention treadmills, but I do try to work out (or do something active) for at least 20 minutes, 6 days a week. It’s my happy time. Usually, I work out at home. Doesn’t have to be a big ordeal. Do what works for you!
7. Get rid of negative people! So not worth it. Guard your heart.
8. Tithe. If you say you can’t afford it, I would say then you have successfully proven what happens when you don’t do it.
9. Don’t let anyone steal your joy. Ok, definitely easier said than done. I try to remind myself of this constantly. It’s a work in progress.
I hope you find one or some of these helpful for you this year! If you have your own ideas for 2018 resolutions, leave a comment below!